About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
One day I figured it out while reading Norman Lewis's 'Word Power Made Easy'. Most of my traits match to a special kind of personality called 'Introverts'. I am slow to start things up socially but get along really well once I am sure of the way to go !

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

BMTC Buses without Conductors

I am a daily traveler. This post is with regards to bus number 171. I have seen many of these running without conductors daily between Koramangala signal and Adugodi. But I do believe that there exist many other such buses and they complete their route in similar fashion everyday. Anyone more enlightened is welcome to put forth the reasons behind such practice.
Nowhere on the earth (its part which I have visited :D) I have seen buses running without conductors and with driver taking care of their jobs ! BMTC runs several such buses in Bangalore. I am not aware of the reason. Don't they have enough number of conductors ? or are they trying to train bus drivers in multitasking ? Whatever be the reason but the situation is definitely alarming.

I have seen a few drivers in such buses tend to drive while distributing tickets among passengers. They lose their focus on driving while doing that. This is a very very dangerous practice which must be stopped right away as it can lead to serious accidents. Among other problems, these buses stop too much at each bus stop because drivers take enough time to distribute tickets. BMTC also loses lot of revenue because many passengers deceive them easily by quickly going past the driver seat when they get on board. I hope BMTC is thinking to resolve this problem either by recruiting more people to do the job or by taking such buses off roads.

No comments: